Botany Junior Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, the Botany Junior Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete this study of botany. This journal is not compatible with the first edition of Exploring Creation with Botany.
The Notebooking Journals can be used with multiple ages within a family with great ease. The Notebooking Journals are specifically designed with the elementary student in mind. They are fun and interactive with lots of colorful, hands-on, lap-booking-like activities to add to your child’s excitement with science.
This Junior Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s individual notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. Each lesson begins with a fun coloring page for the student to color while he listens to the reading of the text. These pages provide opportunities for active learning while reinforcing the lesson’s content. Following are pages with templates designed to encourage creative expression and written narration. The student can illustrate what he’s learned and write a sentence or two about the topic.
Next, the student is given the opportunity to work with and learn key vocabulary words presented in the text. Included are puzzle pieces to cut out and match vocabulary activities, partially filled in crosswords, vocabulary stories, plant identification activities and more. These learning activities are not only fun, but they also increase the student’s retention of both the important terms and the subject matter presented in the lessons.
To make planning a breeze, a detailed daily schedule is included in the Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal. This schedule lists the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal.
The Benefits of Using the Junior Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Junior Notebooking Journal has been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain.
- Be flexible and allows for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes to create opinions and draw conclusions about the way their world works
What’s the Difference between the Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal?
The regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, is recommended for use with students who have mastered handwriting, can take notes, and enjoy upper elementary level activities.
The Junior Notebooking Journal is designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have easier crossword puzzles and activities and wider writing lines.
The Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal are designed to work together to help accommodate teaching multiple ages in your homeschool.
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, Junior Notebooking Journal?
In this Junior Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Coloring pages
- Wide-lined writing spaces
- Nature Journal Pages
- Creative templates for completing the Notebooking assignments
- Easier vocabulary activities than those found in the regular Notebooking Journals
- Project Pages and other sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Review questions to help your child recall and retain what they learned in the lesson
Your child will treasure this Junior Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.