What should I be doing during the preschool years for homeschooling?
Mothers of preschoolers were asking the same question more than one hundred years ago. Charlotte Mason counseled them to give their children what is most important: “In this time of extraordinary pressure, educational and social, perhaps a mother’s first duty to her children is to secure for them a quiet growing time.”
Charlotte Mason’s timeless ideas have revolutionized today’s homeschooling. Instead of academic or social pressures, Charlotte encouraged mothers to give their little ones a full six years of developing good habits, getting acquainted with nature, exploring with the five senses, growing in their spiritual lives, and playing outdoors.
Here, gathered into one easy-to-read volume, are Charlotte’s timeless words to mothers of preschoolers, as well as modern examples, inspiring quotes, and practical tips.
This book will
• Help you focus on what is really important for preschool.
• Increase your confidence as a parent.
• Provide lots of practical ideas.
• Teach you to nourish your child’s natural love for learning.
• Encourage you in your calling as a mother of a preschooler.
Give your child time to explore, time to discover, time to grow—the Early Years.