THE YELLOW BOOK
3RD GRADE SKILLS
Four Literature Links encourage students in vocabulary building, reading for content, and comprehension. Exciting activities bring each story to life and give your student many opportunities to be creative.
- 36 weekly lessons (which includes 4 Literature Links) divided into easy-to-use daily plans.
- The following 4 books may be used for the Literature Links or you may use other stories which are included in the book:
- The White Stallion, by Elizabeth Shub
- Madeline, by Ludwig Bemelmans
- Meet George Washington, by Joan Heilbroner
- The Courage of Sarah Noble, by Alice Dalgliesh
- Integrated language lessons include: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, phonics review and higher order thinking skills.
- Focus on Spelling tips help with memorization of spelling rules. Suggested spelling lists are included for each lesson!
- Handwriting Instructions and work pages for cursive writing included!
- Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student’s progress.
To be used with yellow student book.