THE BLUE BOOK
1ST GRADE SKILLS FOR BEGINNING READERS
The Common Sense Reading Program, the Blue Book, for first grade skills, is the perfect reading program for for beginning readers. The updated third edition is even easier to use with clearer instructions and a colorized companion Student Booklet. Lessons include: phonics instruction using the “Successful Reading for Beginners” series. Your student begins reading stories right away!
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Lessons require little or NO preparation! Read-aloud stories and “real books” provide a basis for language arts skills: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, and higher order thinking skills, even handwriting included!
- The “real book” read alouds for this program may be obtained through your library or purchased from bookstores or catalogs.
- A systematic phonics approach includes: short and long vowels, consonant blends, word families, and sight words.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and MORE hands-on projects and activities are effective for ALL types of learners.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Essential to the program, consumable Student Activity Books may be purchased separately.
Our first grade reading program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, 28 readers, and a materials packet, all packaged in a convenient, attractive full-color box.