Canadian picture book unit studies for Canadian Kids! Used by thousands of home schooling families across Canada!
Perfect for ages 4-7
Spiral bound, 332 pages
Contains 36 picture book studies
• Read Aloud. You and your child spend one week on each book, reading the book each day, followed by your choice of the dozen or more activities.
• Covers all Subject Areas. The suggested activities are listed for all subject areas, from math to music,… science to social studies and many in-between!
• Bible Connections included. Each book study has one or more connected Bible story as well as a related memory verse.
• Uses Canadian picture books which means that you are able to focus on the greatness of Canada through picture books! It also means that the picture books are easy to find in your local library or favourite bookstore.
• Perfect for ages 4—7 Also suits multi-level teaching. Cover music, art, social studies and other subjects with all your little ones together!
All you add is math! Literature based unit studies that use wonderful Canadian picture books to take you and your children on amazing learning adventures. Join characters like Franklin, Sadie and Simon as they discover the world through treasured children’s literature!
The following titles are included in this volume:
Big Sarah’s Little Boots (Bourgeois)
Franklin and the Tooth Fairy (Bourgeois)
Katie’s Hand-Me-Down Day (Wark)
Prairie Fire (Reynolds)
No Dragons for Tea (Pendziwol)
Franklin Is Lost (Bourgeois)
Mr. Belinsky’s Bagels (Schwartz)
To the Post Office with Mama (Farrell)
The White Stone and the Castle Wall (Oberman)
Emma and the Silk Train (Lawson)
Just Like New (Manson)
Bear on the Train (Lawson)
Alfie’s Long Winter (McEvoy)
Something to Remember Me By (Bosak)
Pedrito’s Day (Garay)
Don’t Dig So Deep, Nicholas (Harrison)
Weighing the Elephant (Ye)
The Name of the Tree (Barker)
Sing a Song of Mother Goose (Reid)
I Went to the Bay (Miller)
Eenie Meenie Manitoba (Heidbreder)
Have You Seen Birds? (Oppenheim)
Emma’s Eggs (Ruurs)
Simon Finds a Feather (Tibo)
Where Does a Tiger-Heron Spend the Night (Carney)
A Northern Alphabet (Harrison)
A Mountain Alphabet (Ruurs)
A Prairie Alphabet (Bannatyne-Cugnet)
The City ABC Book (Milich)
A Seaside Alphabet (Grassby)
Have You Seen Bugs (Oppenheim)
The Night the Stars Flew (Bogart)