As such, we ship across Canada via Canada Post’s business services and allow you to choose the speed and cost that will get your packages to you most conveniently. We also do not add any handling costs to your order, the shipping costs you see are the exact costs that we get from Canada Post, their business rates being a bit more competitive than general rates.
As such, packages that are under 0.5Kg (or 1lb) can go across Canada for about $5. Anything larger varies by destination and weight and will cost about $8 and up. You can find exact shipping costs and options by adding items to your cart and going to the checkout. Tax and shipping information is clearly shown before any payment information is requested.
For shipping costs to the United States and other international destinations, please contact us for a specific quote.
Local Pick-Up is available from our Bradford, Ontario location or at local homeschool conferences that Maple Tree is a registered exhibitor at. Please contact us or check our blog so see what conferences and events we will be at near you.
When choosing "Local Pick-Up", please indicate in a note approximately when you plan to pick up your order and we will do what we can to make sure it is available at that day and time.
As they say, the only sure things in life are death and taxes. Thankfully book sellers in Canada don't have to charge as much taxes as most stores do since books are only subject to GST. That means that most products at Maple Tree will have 5% Goods and Services Tax added at the check out. Audio dramas (but not audio books!) and videos are subject to HST in the provinces where HST is collected. Food products are tax free. Taxes will be added on according to the tax rules for the shipping destination of your order.
In other words, if you are ordering to:
- Ontario, New Brunswick or Newfoundland & Labrador, you will pay 5% GST on most books and 13% HST on shipping, as well as some audio recordings and videos. Food is tax free.
- Prince Edward Island, you will pay 5% GST on most books and 14% HST on shipping, as well as some audio recordings and videos. Food is tax free.
- Nova Scotia, you will pay 5% GST on most books and 15% HST on shipping, as well as some audio recordings and videos. Food is tax free.
- All other provinces and territories, you will pay 5% GST on all products and shipping. Food is tax free.
- An international destination, including the USA, no taxes will be added. Taxes, brokerage, and customs fees may be charged on your shipment when you receive it so please familiarize yourself with the customs and tax regulations of your country before placing an international order.
What about Backordered Items? Please note that if your order contains backordered items, your order will be held until all the items come in. Of course, we try to get these items in stock again in a timely manner but we do appreciate your patience as circumstances beyond our control can keep them from arriving when we need them. We will contact you if it looks like your item will take more than two weeks to arrive in our little neck of the woods and can discuss options with you then. If you would like your order split so that the other items you order can be mailed right away then please make two separate orders, one that contains the in stock items and the other which contains the out of stock item. This is the best way to create two separate shipping orders.